Our Sponsor

Monday, April 8, 2013

My second trip to Korea.a longer trip

안녕하세요 여로분. Hi all.
It has been awhile since my last post. I want you all to know that i am currently in Seoul for a loonggg vacation trip to relax my mind and all from work and stuff and also to relive my experince in Korea..
I love korea.everything about it,the people,the culture, the food, the music, the language...just everyhing.. That is why i decided to go and visit korea again and this time i am going all out. For 10 days i will try my best to go to every places that i can and hopefully i will be able to share everything with all the readers.

The flight journey
My friends and i take off from kuala lumpur to seoul via air asia x flight. It was a pleasant flight. At first i was seating at the 40ish row in the flight but the girl passanger next to me asked if i could change seats with her mother who was alone at 30ish row. I said sure.I was glad to help, i could imagine her concern towards her mother who was probably around 50 of age. So i agreed to change. My new seat was nice too considering it was an isle seat and it was near to the wash room. We toom off at 9am malaysia time and arrive at incheon around 4pm malaysian time.the temperature in Incheon was around 12 degree celcius according to flight captain.

Our transportation?
Like last year we decided to go with the cheapest mode of public transportation we could find. Seoul has probably the best subway sistem in the whole world in my opinion. Owh well ive only have seen london and malaysia's subway system. And based on my observations seoul subway beats both! I love it. Its easy to find your way around seoul because of the excellent subway system. No need to worry im sure once you've tried you will learn everythinv very quickly.
From Incheon we decided to stop at Gimpo airport to double check and confirm our flight to Jeju island. Once we've checked we went to check into our hotel at Myeongdong. We stayed at Kimchee Myeongdon Guesthouse which was situated very near to Euljiro-3-ga subway station. We had trouble finding the guesthouse at first but luckly I asked a lady who seemed to be going back from her workplace. She was nice enough to help take her time to view the map and finding the location of the hotel for us. The hotel was actually straight from the subway exit but we had crossed the wrong road.huhu..once im able to use my laptop i will upload a detail map for all you readers out there.

Kimchee Myeogdong Guesthouse
The guesthouse is on the 2nd floor of the building so once we got there we had to carry our luggage upstairs. But it was all ok for me. Before i went for this trip i already prepared myself physically and mentally..at the guesthouse door, the staff named Derek greeted us. He was so nice and pleasant. I book the hostel via Agoda.com so i got discounts and point from agoda..yippie!..Derek check us in and he helped us carry our luggage to the 3rd flr where our rooms were. We stayed in a few hours to perform our solat/prayers and then we were off again for dinner...

Dinner...
The place were very alive at nights because there were many bars for korean to drink soju(local alcohol) to warm up their body. The tempreture were pretty cold too because it was raining when we got out. I think it was probably about 6-8 deg celcius.. We were looking for a local  식당 (restaurant) that serves seafood or fish but we were in no luck. It was hard to find a seafood restaurant there. But there was this restaurant that serves kimchee jigae (kimchee stew) and dwanjangjigae (soy stew) so we decided to go and try it our. The restaurant owner was very welcoming. They cant speak english but they try their best to accomodate us. I ordered us a kimchee jigae, dwanjangjigae, noodles, and rice. I told the restaurant owner to exclude meat in all our dishes and she seemed to know that we were muslims and we didnt eat meat. I asked the owner again if they had fish, the owner said to me that they do have it in their menu but it was all out of stock. It was understanable since it was like 10pm already.huhu.. After dinner we went for a walk arond the neighbourhood just to see around the place. Its really the 'downtown' of seoul. A really nice place to stay. You can find 24hrs store  at almost every corner of the street and coffee shops are everywhere.
We stayed at kimchee myeongdong for 3 days and 2 nights before we take a flight to jeju island. I will write about that next time when i feel like it :).
I will upload more photos once i got my laptop. Bye...
If you are planning on a trip to korea and looking for a place to tay i suggest kimchee guesthouse. They have many branch across seoul. Here is a link to their website http://www.kimcheeguesthouse.com

No comments: