Our Sponsor

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Song in Korean




I luv celebrating birthdays!!.. I just luv the atmosphere of gathering with friends and just eat haha.. and then there's the birthday cake..
Tho I do like birthdays but I never really like celebrating mine.. I just enjoy organizing and celebrating my friends birthdays haha.. I know its kind of weird but yeah thats just me :)

I get the chance to sing Happy Birthday song in hangul yet coz well I will ended up singing by myself then coz my friends dont know hangul hoho.. tho someday I wish I could sing it along with people around just celebrating birthdays...

So the song goes like this...

새일 축하합니다

[Saengil chukhahamnida]


생일 축하합니다

[Saengil chukhahamnida]


사랑하는 <이름-이/ 씨>

[Saranghaneun ]


생일 축하합니다

[Saengil chukhahamnida]


축하합니다 actually means 'congratulation'.

Birthday in hangul is 생일 [saeng-il] where means 'day'.


So to wish someone a Happy birthday would be...


  • 생일 축하합니다 [saeng-il chukha-hamnida] this is polite formal way to say it
  • 생일 축하해요 [saeng-il chukha-haeyo] this is the casual polite way
To ask someone's date of birth would be 생년월일 [saeng-nyeon-wor-il].
and if we translate syllable by syllable:-
= Year
= month
= day

No comments: