Our Sponsor

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Double Vowels..



안녕하세요 여러분!![annyeoghaseyo yeoreobun]... or in english that would be 'Hi everyone!!'.. When you are a k-drama or kpop addict like me, I'm sure you would know that phrase by now..

In my first entry in this blog I wrote about hangul letters or characters.. well, I mention the basci characters but I forgot to mention about DOUBLE VOWEL..yupp..Sorry guys.. I planned to write about it in the 2nd but I forgot..

Well anyway Whats Double Vowel??

You probably have stumble upon it and you dont know it.. if you've been following this blog.. Double vowels are combination of two vowels..

Well here are your double vowels...

ㅐ - ae
ㅒ - yae

ㅘ - wa

ㅖ - ye

ㅙ - wae

ㅚ - oe =
as in when
ㅝ - wo = as in
wash
ㅞ - we = as in
way
ㅟ - wi = as in
wheat
ㅢ - ui


Now you're probably wondering.. how do I type those characters when my keyboard looks like this...
Well that what I thought when I 1st came across these characters.. in this case you have to use the 'shift' key.. like to type just hit the 'shift' + 'ㅐ' key...

and to type just hit 'ㅗ' + 'ㅏ'... got it?.. i'm sure you do..

No comments: