Our Sponsor

Monday, April 22, 2013

Finally i am back in Malaysia

Hi all...안녕하세요 여러분...
As you all might have read in the tittle post. I am back in Malaysia... Ive finished my 10 days trip to Korea. Well technically i am currently not in Malaysia but i am on a flight to Narita, Japan for work... I know i know what you guys might think, am i online while on a flight?!! Not of course. I am writing offline and saving it and later publishing this post once i am on the ground haha.
Well anyway thats not what i want to write about right now. I really enjoyed my 10 days trip to korea. Some of you guys who are closely following the news channel CNN, BBC, Astro Awani etc, you guys must have notice the news of regarding the probability of war between the North and South Korea and also the US. Well not to worry, its not as it seems on the news. Its hard for me to explain the real situation in south korea but to sum it up you might want to check out on youtube a video by simon and martina (eatyourkimchee crew) you can search their video on north korea. They explain it clearly there plus its from someone you have stayed 5 yrs in south korea so you get what i mean...
What i really enjoyed about my 2nd trip to korea is that i get to know allot of korean people this time around... I believe that when you are travelling abroad, you will learn alot about the country's beautiful culture just by getting to know the people.. Korea is a nation that is very welcoming towards tourist and people from abroad.. Thy are always willing to help when they see tourist scatching heir heads for directions. I remember one time when we arrived at a subway exit in Euljiro station. We were on our way to our hotel but we were confused by he map direction so i asked a lady who was on her way back from work. She seemed not familiar with the place but still she spent some time studying the map that i got and lead us to the correct direction. Thanks to the lady we got to our hotel safely.. Another incident that i remenber was that when we were on our way to the Gimpo airport by subway. We were stuck at a station while we were trying to figure out the correct direction an old guy who dressed nicely in a black coat asked us if he could help us. He can speak english quite well..he looked like he was on a business trip. After telling him that we were going to Gimpo airport, he told us to follow him because he was going the same way as we were. We were really blessed to have met these helpfull koreans during our trip.
Not all korean can speak english but eventhough some can speak english they are willing to help all they can. I remember one time when i was at he seoul station looking for the right platform to board a train to busan. I was confused with what was written in the ticket. A korean girl who looks like a college student help me figure out the correct platform number. Although she cant speak english but with her help i was able to find the correct platform.
Before i went for this 10 days trip to korea i met a korean penpal online. I call him 오빠 eventhough he was only a few months older than me. I wanted to call him oppa because i thought it would be cute and he let me call him oppa since technically he is older. Well anyway we have been contacting each other and he had help me alot though out my journey in korea. He recommends me alot of the famous places to visit in korea and also the delicious foods too. He even help me improve my hangul :). I thanked him alot for it. 감사합니다 장혁 오빠.  :)
Koreans are very warm welcoming and helpfull. If you go to korea someday i would recommend to mix and mingle with the people to be able to experience and learn their culture :)
Learn the language, communicate with their people then you will be able to learn their culture and collect valueble memories and experiences :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are so lucky! you can go to korea!!! you're so good at hangul I really love your blog ~ <3