Our Sponsor

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

How to type hangul characters on PC

안녕하세요 .. if you have read my previous entry, you probably could read the word.. its hangul for, hi, hello, good morning, good evening etc.. greetings in general.. "annyeonghaseyo"..

it has been awhile since I last update this blog. its not like I'm busy or anything, its just that I've been LAZY..haha..too lazy to write anything.. I've too many things to tell about, to write about but its just that i'm too lazy to type it huhu...


Everytime i have these many ideas to write about, i kept on delaying it...keep on delaying the typing work hoho...

Well, cant keep delaying things from now on..or else I'll forget all these ideas i have to share with u guys...

Well, since I've been learning hangul.. I've installed hangul characters in my laptop so that I could also write in hangul.. so today I'd like to share with u guys on how to install these characters in ur PC so that u also can learn along with me how to write in hangul..hoho

Since My laptop is using Win7 OS, I'll only show how to install it in win7.. its pretty much the same with other win OS except for XP where you have to download Microsoft IME (i think).. you can get Microsoft IME from Windows website for free..

Just follow the instructions below....

1. Go to ur Control Panel..



2. Click on the 'Change keyboards or other input methods' ...


3. On the 'Keyboards & language tab' click on 'Change keyboards' button....




4. On the 'Installed service' section... click on the 'Add..' button and add the language that you want to add.... And after you finish.. click the 'apply' button...


5. Before you can start typing in using the language characters that u've installed, 1st you need to the language option on the right-bottom side of ur screen.. make sure you change it.. in my case I've to change it to Korean..but if u've installed japanese characters, then change it to japanese...sure you got that rite..
6. next you click on the button next to 'KO' (korean).. there are 2 options in that button: Microsoft IME and Keyboards.. you need to Microsoft IME...



7.Then click the button next to the previous button and change it to 'Hangul' characters...
Then Viola.... you can start typing in hangul like crazy....

Here's something that will help you out.. for typing in Hangul...




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

how 'bout the 'W'?

IntrovertedObserver said...

use '|' key on your keyboard. not sure if its the same with my laptop keybord tho. but it should work. : )
₩ . or you could use hanja instead, 원 (won)

rhei said...

you're the best!! thanks !!!

Chic Mont said...

have installed it. i m going to use the handwriting pad instead.. :D

FUN!

IntrovertedObserver said...

have fun :)