Our Sponsor

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

How old are you? In hangul.

이 고양이 너무 귀엽다. 그 때문에 이 사진이 여기 있어.
[This cat is so cute. Thats why I put this photo here.]
고양이 = Cat
너무 = so/very
귀엽다 = cute
때문에 = Because of
사진 = photo/picture
여기 = Here
있어 = have


So the picture have nothing to do with the title of the entry, but yeah I just think its cute hehe.

Anyway, so how to express our age or to answer the entry title in hangul? 한국어로? [In Korean Langugage?]


"How old are you?" in hangul.....
"연세가 몇이십니까?" or "나이가 얼마입니까?"
both 연세 & 나이 means "age". you can also use..

"나이가 얼마에요?". the meaning is still the same, "How old are you?" except that the former one is the formal way of saying it.

So to answer the question you need to use Native Korean number terms. Okay what is 'native korean number terms'?? You can read the previous post about Korean numbers here.

"I am twenty-four years old".
"
스물 네 이에요"
I put it according to color so you can easily identify which is what.

In native korean number,
20 is 스물. while 4 is 넷. thus 24 is 스물 네.

I'll give you another example.

"I am thirty- five years old"
"저는 서른 다섯 이에요"


You can check all the korean numbers in my previous post. Korean numbers here.



1 comment:

Chic Mont said...

저는 서른 둘 살 이에요.. :)